APP2Speak®'s mission is to serve individuals of all ages in regaining their speech and communication independence through its easy-to-use AAC software application. APP2Speak®'s motto is “helping to provide a voice to those in need."
Developed by an experienced American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA) certified Speech Pathologist, APP2Speak® is an augmentative and alternative speech and communication photo-based software application for the iPad, tablets and smartphones, helping individuals who have difficulty speaking.
Products and Services Provided
Founder, Gina Baldwin, M.S., CCC-SLP designed and created APP2Speak® to be easy-to-use, intuitive and cost effective. APP2Speak® is a photo-based AAC app with preset, text-to-speech and endless custom pages. APP2Speak® is compatible with most accessibility features on iOS and Android devices, such as Bluetooth switches, touch accommodations and vision.
APP2Speak® is available as a resource in lending and demonstration libraries in 37 state Assistive Technology Association agencies. The app has achieved global success with sales in 9 countries, including US and Canada.
APP2Speak® is a photo-based augmentative and alternative (AAC) speech and communication software application for iOS and Android devices helping individuals who have difficulty expressing their wants and needs essential to daily living.
- The software provides easy-to-read instructions and includes a built-in “Help” system, and it requires no special training to create the optional “voice” and “photo” customizations.
- No Internet required.
- Touch a pre-loaded photo to talk
- 2 options for size of picture/photo.
- 2 Options for voice type.
- Easily customize the app by adding your own photos or by taking a photo within the app itself.
- APP2Speak® uses a pre-recorded (or any voice that you personally record) to speak your message to family and friends.
- Custom pages are endless, Create and save one or more phrases per photo for convenient conversation.
- Create your Text -to-Speech page, with the option to save text to speech history of common words and phrases and change display for low vision
- Set your preference to start APP2Speak® on either pre-set page, text-to-speech page, or custom page.
- Compatible with most accessibility features on iOS and Android devices, such as Bluetooth switches, touch accommodations and vision.