Monthly Website Accessibility Lawsuit Recap
- 127 website accessibility lawsuits were filed in November.
- Consumer Staples, Consumer Discretionary and Consumer Services were targeted most.
- 5 Plaintiffs filed 45% of the month's website accessibility lawsuits.
- MARS KHAIMOV LAW, PLLC filed the most complaints in November with 28 lawsuits in New York.
- Most lawsuits (73%) were filed in New York with California coming in second at 23%
- None of the litigated Websites in November seemed to employ Third-party Overlay tools.
Stay up to date with our Monthly Lawsuit Recap
Lawsuits by Most-Targeted Industries
Consumer Staples31% (40)
Consumer Discretionary23% (30)
Consumer Services10% (13)
Food & Staples Retailing6% (8)
Food, Beverage & Tobacco5% (7)
Consumer Staples, Consumer Discretionary and Consumer Services were targeted most in November with a combined total of 83 lawsuits (thats 65.36%)
Lawsuit Filings Per State
New York73% (93)
None of the litigated Websites in November seemed to employ Third-party Overlay tools.
Typically overlays, or widgets, apply a third-party's source code to the existing webpage in an effort to change the user experience by overriding or altering elements of the page. Overlays are often used in-place of manual identification and resolution of accessibility barriers. Because such overlays try to hide underlying accessibility issues, their effectiveness is debated and their use seems to promote the idea that website operators need not concern themselves with the accessibility of their webpages. There has been an increase in the number of lawsuits against websites that use third-party overlays.
Plaintiffs Who Filed the Most Lawsuits
DANIEL RODRIGUEZ is the most litigious website accessibility plaintiff, filing 14 lawsuits in November.
14 lawsuits filed
- RODRIGUEZ v. WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND, LLC
- RODRIGUEZ v. THE NATURAL SAPPHIRE COMPANY
- RODRIGUEZ v. SOPHIE’S CUBAN CUISINE SCCF, LLC
- RODRIGUEZ v. SMOOTH SYNERGY COSMEDICAL SPA, INC.
- RODRIGUEZ v. NELSON AND NELSON ANTIQUES, INC.
- RODRIGUEZ v. DEDON, INC.
- RODRIGUEZ v. CHARLES P. ROGERS & CO., INC.
- RODRIGUEZ v. CENTURY FURNITURE, LLC
- RODRIGUEZ v. CCA GLOBAL PARTNERS, INC.
- RODRIGUEZ v. BUMBLE AND BUMBLE, LLC
- RODRIGUEZ v. BSONYC CORP.
- RODRIGUEZ v. BROOKLYN HAIR CORP.
- RODRIGUEZ v. BARNES & NOBLE, INC.
- RODRIGUEZ v. AMERICAN WEMPE CORPORATION
13 lawsuits filed
- CASTILLO v. TSUTSUJI, INC.
- CASTILLO v. PRONTORONI LLC
- CASTILLO v. PD&D GROUP LLC
- CASTILLO v. MULBERRY COMPANY (USA) INC.
- CASTILLO v. MACTECH INTERNATIONAL, INC
- CASTILLO v. LADERACH (USA) INC.
- CASTILLO v. KEE WAH CORPORATION
- CASTILLO v. HDLN, INC.
- CASTILLO v. FURLA (U.S.A.), INC.
- CASTILLO v. DEVIL AND ANGEL VALENCIA INC.
- CASTILLO v. BRANDINI ENTERPRISES, INC.
- CASTILLO v. BLUE NILE, INC.
- CASTILLO v. BAY POKE FRANCHISE, INC.
12 lawsuits filed
- MAGENO v. SHIN-SEN-GUMI E-MANAGEMENT, INC.
- MAGENO v. POACHED KITCHEN, INC.
- MAGENO v. OPTECHON INC.
- MAGENO v. OKIDOKI LITTLE TOKYO DINING CORPORATION
- MAGENO v. NEWPORT SEAFOOD GROUP INC.
- MAGENO v. MURE BLACK INC
- MAGENO v. KAHALA FRANCHISING, L.L.C
- MAGENO v. HO KEE CAFÉ
- MAGENO v. DOOMIE’S, CORP.
- MAGENO v. DELITALY
- MAGENO v. CRISPY CRUST, INC.
- MAGENO v. CHIBISCUS LLC
11 lawsuits filed
- BROWN v. Wonder Works and Wonder Workshops, Inc.
- BROWN v. Seroogy's Holiday House, Ltd.
- BROWN v. Riddle's Group, Inc.
- BROWN v. Marley Lilly, LLC
- BROWN v. Jones and Viator, Inc.
- BROWN v. Flags Unlimited, Inc.
- BROWN v. Christie's Enterprises, Inc.
- BROWN v. Chattanooga Bakery, Inc.
- BROWN v. Bella Vita, Inc.
- BROWN v. Bananagrams, Inc.
- BROWN v. Baby Delight, Inc.
8 lawsuits filed
- CAMPBELL v. Gamefly Holdings, LLC
- CAMPBELL v. Game Over Videogames, Inc.
- CAMPBELL v. Gallery Model Homes, Inc.
- CAMPBELL v. Fischer & Wieser Specialty Foods, Inc.
- CAMPBELL v. Dynamic Color Images, Inc.
- CAMPBELL v. British Isles, Incorporated
- CAMPBELL v. Body, Mind & Soul Books, Incorporated
- CAMPBELL v. Baby’s 1st Furniture, Inc.
Law Firms That Filed the Most Lawsuits
MARS KHAIMOV LAW, PLLCNew York
MANNING LAW, APCCalifornia
STEIN SAKS, PLLCNew York
MIZRAHI KROUB LLPNew York
SHAKED LAW GROUP, P.C.New York
MARS KHAIMOV LAW, PLLC filed the most complaints in November with 28 lawsuits in New York. MANNING LAW, APC came in second place with 26 filings in California.