Monthly Website Accessibility Lawsuit Recap
- 228 website accessibility lawsuits were filed in March.
- Consumer Staples, Retailing and Consumer Durables & Apparel were targeted most.
- 9 Plaintiffs filed 42% of the month's website accessibility lawsuits.
- PACIFIC TRIAL ATTORNEYS, APC filed the most complaints in March with 54 lawsuits in California.
- Most lawsuits (57%) were filed in New York with California coming in second at 38%
- We detected that 4% of litigated websites in March are using a Third-party accessibility Overlay tool.
Stay up to date with our Monthly Lawsuit Recap
Lawsuits by Most-Targeted Industries
Consumer Staples17% (39)
Consumer Durables & Apparel11% (27)
Consumer Discretionary10% (25)
Consumer Services7% (17)
Consumer Staples, Retailing and Consumer Durables & Apparel were targeted most in March with a combined total of 102 lawsuits (thats 44.74%)
Lawsuit Filings Per State
New York57% (131)
We detected that 4% of litigated websites in March are using a Third-party accessibility Overlay tool.
Typically overlays, or widgets, apply a third-party's source code to the existing webpage in an effort to change the user experience by overriding or altering elements of the page. Overlays are often used in-place of manual identification and resolution of accessibility barriers. Because such overlays try to hide underlying accessibility issues, their effectiveness is debated and their use seems to promote the idea that website operators need not concern themselves with the accessibility of their webpages. There has been an increase in the number of lawsuits against websites that use third-party overlays.
Plaintiffs Who Filed the Most Lawsuits
RUSTY RENDON is the most litigious website accessibility plaintiff, filing 21 lawsuits in March.
21 lawsuits filed
- RENDON v. VIASAT, INC.
- RENDON v. Travere Therapeutics INC
- RENDON v. THE CUDDLY GROUP INC.
- RENDON v. SOVEREIGN LENDING GROUP INCORPORATED
- RENDON v. SMARTSHEET INC.
- RENDON v. REVOLUT TECHNOLOGIES INC.
- RENDON v. RCG LOGISTICS LLC
- RENDON v. QRS VENTURES LLC
- RENDON v. PASTA RESOURCES INC.
- RENDON v. ORGENESIS INC.
- RENDON v. ONEUNITED BANK
- RENDON v. OIL-DRI CORPORATION OF AMERICA
- RENDON v. MEDPACE, INC.
- RENDON v. KIDPIK CORP.
- RENDON v. JRA TRADEMARK COMPANY, LTD.
- RENDON v. JILL ACQUISITION LLC
- RENDON v. JB HOLDINGS CORP.
- RENDON v. COMMERCIAL BANK OF CALIFORNIA
- RENDON v. A.W. FABER-CASTELL USA, INC.
13 lawsuits filed
- LICEA v. WOLFGANG PUCK WORLDWIDE, INC.
- LICEA v. THE NEIMAN MARCUS GROUP LLC
- LICEA v. SENSUS HEALTHCARE, INC.
- LICEA v. PRIMORIS SERVICES CORPORATION
- LICEA v. PEERFORM, INC.
- LICEA v. LIFEMD, INC.
- LICEA v. KUUBIX ENERGY INC.
- LICEA v. KDB RESTAURANTS, LLC
- LICEA v. JU - NI, LLC
- LICEA v. IMMUNIC, INC.
- LICEA v. GREEN DOT CORPORATION
- LICEA v. BEAVERTON FOODS, INC.
- LICEA v. BANK OF HOPE
11 lawsuits filed
- HANYZKIEWICZ v. VARIETY COFFEE ROASTERS, INC.
- HANYZKIEWICZ v. UNITED STATES OF ARITZIA, INC.
- HANYZKIEWICZ v. TOPS MARKETS, LLC
- HANYZKIEWICZ v. SUNFLORA, INC.
- HANYZKIEWICZ v. SOFT PRETZEL FRANCHISE SYSTEMS, INC.
- HANYZKIEWICZ v. SITE DESIGNS NYC CORP.
- HANYZKIEWICZ v. OCEAN STATE JOB LOT, INC.
- HANYZKIEWICZ v. HOTEL CHOCOLAT, INC.
- HANYZKIEWICZ v. ACAI INDUSTRIES, INC.
- HANYZKIEWICZ v. 2428392, INC.
9 lawsuits filed
- ORTEGA v. WOLVERINE WORLD WIDE, INC.
- ORTEGA v. THRAS.IO, INC.
- ORTEGA v. ONE LOVE ORGANICS, INC.
- ORTEGA v. ICE CHIPS CANDY LLC
- ORTEGA v. GUARDLAB, INC.
- ORTEGA v. FAKE BAKE LLC
- ORTEGA v. BROOKS SPORTS, INC.
9 lawsuits filed
- HUNTHAUSEN v. YANDY ENTERPRISES LLC
- HUNTHAUSEN v. WORTH AVENUE YACHTS, LLC
- HUNTHAUSEN v. URBN US RETAIL LLC
- HUNTHAUSEN v. SPECIALTY RESTAURANTS CORPORATION
- HUNTHAUSEN v. MOROCCANOIL, INC.
- HUNTHAUSEN v. FINCHEY CORPORATION OF CALIFORNIA
- HUNTHAUSEN v. CK NOW GROUP, LLC
- HUNTHAUSEN v. CHALOGY, INC.
- HUNTHAUSEN v. AVMC, LLC
Law Firms That Filed the Most Lawsuits
PACIFIC TRIAL ATTORNEYS, APCCalifornia
MIZRAHI KROUB LLPNew York
STEIN SAKS, PLLCNew York
SHAKED LAW GROUP, P.C.New York
GOTTLIEB & ASSOCIATESNew York
PACIFIC TRIAL ATTORNEYS, APC filed the most complaints in March with 54 lawsuits in California. MIZRAHI KROUB LLP came in second place with 50 filings in New York.