Monthly Website Accessibility Lawsuit Recap
- 272 website accessibility lawsuits were filed in June.
- Consumer Durables & Apparel, Food, Beverage & Tobacco and Retailing were targeted most.
- 10 Plaintiffs filed 41% of the month's website accessibility lawsuits.
- STEIN SAKS, PLLC filed the most complaints in June with 57 lawsuits in New York.
- Most lawsuits (65%) were filed in New York with California coming in second at 29%
- We detected that 6% of litigated websites in June are using a Third-party accessibility Overlay tool.
Stay up to date with our Monthly Lawsuit Recap
Lawsuits by Most-Targeted Industries
Consumer Durables & Apparel34% (93)
Food, Beverage & Tobacco23% (64)
Health Care Equipment & Services6% (19)
Household & Personal Products5% (15)
Consumer Durables & Apparel, Food, Beverage & Tobacco and Retailing were targeted most in June with a combined total of 180 lawsuits (thats 66.18%)
Lawsuit Filings Per State
New York65% (178)
We detected that 6% of litigated websites in June are using a Third-party accessibility Overlay tool.
Typically overlays, or widgets, apply a third-party's source code to the existing webpage in an effort to change the user experience by overriding or altering elements of the page. Overlays are often used in-place of manual identification and resolution of accessibility barriers. Because such overlays try to hide underlying accessibility issues, their effectiveness is debated and their use seems to promote the idea that website operators need not concern themselves with the accessibility of their webpages. There has been an increase in the number of lawsuits against websites that use third-party overlays.
Plaintiffs Who Filed the Most Lawsuits
PERLA MAGENO is the most litigious website accessibility plaintiff, filing 18 lawsuits in June.
18 lawsuits filed
- MAGENO v. WINGMAN ENT. INC.
- MAGENO v. VEES CAFÉ DOWNTOWN INC.
- MAGENO v. UNCLE PAULIES DELI LLC
- MAGENO v. TJS GROUP INC
- MAGENO v. SOUP SHOP SG
- MAGENO v. SIDDIQUI FOODS INC.
- MAGENO v. RED DOT RESTAURANT GROUP
- MAGENO v. PLANT RANCH, INC.
- MAGENO v. J & J HOSPITALITY GROUP LLC
- MAGENO v. HABACHIHANA GRILL
- MAGENO v. GREENLEAF RESTAURANT MANAGEMENT LLC
- MAGENO v. GOGOBOP, LLC
- MAGENO v. ERIN MCKENNA’S BAKERY CAL, LLC
- MAGENO v. CHOWKING FOOD CORPORATION - USA
- MAGENO v. CHICKEN BUN BUN LLC
- MAGENO v. BUN GEIZ CORPORATION
- MAGENO v. AG OPERATIONS LLC
- MAGENO v. 3GEN FOODS INC.
15 lawsuits filed
- TORO v. Wingstuff.com, Inc.
- TORO v. Westport Big & Tall, LLC
- TORO v. Western Corral, Inc.
- TORO v. Voro, Inc.
- TORO v. The Leatherworks, Inc.
- TORO v. Sneaker Junkies, LLC
- TORO v. Robin’s Jean Retail, Inc.
- TORO v. Nixon, Inc.
- TORO v. Nelson-Rigg USA, Inc.
- TORO v. Myles Athletic, Inc.
- TORO v. Frame My TV.com, LLC
- TORO v. Comoto Holdings, LLC
- TORO v. Biltwell Custom Motorcycle, Corp.
- TORO v. Aerosmith, LLC
- TORO v. Accessories International, Inc.
12 lawsuits filed
- DIMEGLIO v. VISTA OUTDOOR, INC.
- DIMEGLIO v. TLF APPAREL HOLDINGS, INC.
- DIMEGLIO v. THE PROFESSIONAL SUPPLEMENT CENTER, LLC
- DIMEGLIO v. PUSH PEDAL PULL, INC.
- DIMEGLIO v. ONE SOURCE PLUS, INC.
- DIMEGLIO v. NIKY’S SPORTS, INC.
- DIMEGLIO v. MUNRO & COMPANY, INC.
- DIMEGLIO v. KUIU, LLC
- DIMEGLIO v. JIM O'NEAL DISTRIBUTING, INC.
- DIMEGLIO v. FANATICS, LLC
- DIMEGLIO v. EO PRODUCTS, LLC
- DIMEGLIO v. CAPEL, INCORPORATED
12 lawsuits filed
- MARTIN v. THE STAG BAR, INC.
- MARTIN v. THE GAP, INC.
- MARTIN v. SNS LEGACY, INC.
- MARTIN v. PRIME RESIDENTIAL 2020 FUND, L.P.
- MARTIN v. PLANET HOLLYWOOD (REGION IV), LLC
- MARTIN v. MALARKY’S IRISH PUB INCORPORATED
- MARTIN v. KENDRA SCOTT, LLC
- MARTIN v. INVESTORS MANAGEMENT TRUST REAL ESTATE GROUP, INC.
- MARTIN v. GRIFFIS GROUP RESIDENTIAL, LLC
- MARTIN v. ENHANCED EXPANSIONS, INC.
- MARTIN v. DEATH & CO LA LLC
- MARTIN v. CASTLE CREEK PROPERTIES, INC.
11 lawsuits filed
- LICEA v. SUNLIFE ORGANICS, LLC
- LICEA v. SHARP HEALTHCARE
- LICEA v. REBORN COFFEE, INC.
- LICEA v. MUSSO & FRANK GRILL COMPANY
- LICEA v. MOKE AMERICA, LLC
- LICEA v. MARS CARS L.L.C.
- LICEA v. INTERNATIONAL TRADING & IMPORT, INC.
- LICEA v. E3 VEHICLES, INC.
- LICEA v. CART MART, INC.
- LICEA v. BARNES & NOBLE, INC.
- LICEA v. ALAKOR HEALTHCARE, LLC
Law Firms That Filed the Most Lawsuits
STEIN SAKS, PLLCNew York
MARS KHAIMOV LAW, PLLCNew York
PACIFIC TRIAL ATTORNEYS, APCCalifornia
MANNING LAW, APCCalifornia
SHAKED LAW GROUP, P.C.New York
STEIN SAKS, PLLC filed the most complaints in June with 57 lawsuits in New York. MARS KHAIMOV LAW, PLLC came in second place with 56 filings in New York.