- Name: Noah J. McCourt
- Filing date: May 7, 2020
- State of filing: Minnesota
- Name: Jennifer Carnahan Minnesota Republican Party
- Website: www.mngop.com
- Industry: Professional Services
- Summary: The Republican Party of Minnesota is a conservative political party in the U.S. state of Minnesota
On May 7, 2020, Noah J. McCourt filed a Complaint in Minnesota Federal court against Jennifer Carnahan Minnesota Republican Party . Plaintiff Noah J. McCourt alleges that www.mngop.com is not accessible per the WCAG 2.0 accessibility standard(s).
Plaintiff alleges issues in its Complaint including the following:
- Inability to navigate the without the use of a mouse.
Plaintiff asserts the following cause(s) of action in its Complaint:
- Title lll of the ADA,42 U.S.C. 5 72187 et seq .
Plaintiff seeks the following relief by way of its Complaint:
- A Declaratory Judgment that at the commencement of this action Defendant was in violation of the specific requirements of Title lll of the ADA described above, and the relevant implementing regulations of the ADA, in that Defendant took no action that was reasonably calculated to ensure that its Websites are fully accessible to, and independently usable by, individuals with disabilities
- A permanent injunction pursuant to 42 U.S.C. 5 12188(aX2) and 28 CFR S 36.504 (a) which directs Defendant to take all steps necessary to bring its Websites into full compliance with the requirements set forth in the ADA, and its implementing regulations, so that its Websites are fully accessible to, and independently usable by, individuals with disabilities, and which further directs that the Court shall retain jurisdiction for a period to be determined to ensure that Defendant has adopted and is following an institutional policy that will in fact cause Defendant to remain fully in compliance with the law.
- Payment of costs of suit
- Payment of reasonable attorneys' fees, pursuant to 42 U.S.C. 5 72205 and 28 CFR S 36.505; and, 36. The provision of whatever other relief the Court deems just, equitable and appropriate.